Later it is a soil layer that 1 s rich in iron oxide and derived from a wide variety of rocks weathering under strongly oxidizing and leaching conditions.It forms in tropical and sub tropical regions where the climate is humid.It is a reddish weathering product of basalt. Laterites are rusty-red in color because of high iron oxide content.
laterite is well known in Asian countries as a building material for more than 1000 years. I t was excavated from the soil and cut in form of large blocks.
Uses and benefits of laterlte Uses:
• Used as a building material. Strong, hardened varieties of l aterite are some times cut into block sand used as brick stones for building houses.
• Laterites are economically most important for ore deposits ,such as bauxite.
• Hardened latent varieties are also applied for the construction of simple roads.
• Nowadays solid latent1cgravel1sreadilyputinaquariawhereitfavoursthegrowthoftropicalplants.
• In artifacts,monuments ,sculpture, oil and gas reservoir, decoration etc.
• Laterite-cement blocks are more economical building units for walling units.
Product :- Laterite